Sunday 3 March 2013

LONG Vs SHORT SALES LETTER



In the huge pile of flyers, a single page leaflet is dumped in the trash bin without any reading. That single page leaflet could be a great sales letter. Have you ever experienced this? Well, I am not a very big fan of reading all those papers that are sent to my house. Be it a single page leaflet or a multi-page booklet. But that’s me, on the contrary my sister is a complete opposite who likes to go through all of them, she says, “I don’t want to miss out on a great deal”. Sometimes she asks me to read and tell her if there is any good deal in it. And every time I pray I get the shortest paper.

So I wonder, why do people take all the effort in writing those long sales letters? Why can’t they just write a short sales letter? This is a very question, whether the sales letter should be short or long?  The sales letter only has to be as long as it has to be. Say as much as is needed and not a word more.


Well here, I am going to show you examples of short and long sales letter and then you decide, what impressed you more?


The example of Short sales letter :



Now an example of Long Sales letter :
Click here to see the example



Well I think the shorter the better for me. But sometimes for some products you need more information to decide if you want to spend your money on that or not . May be this is the reason why you find such long sales letters .
SO WHAT DO YOU THINK ? DID THE SHORT OR THE LONG SALES LETTER IMPRESS YOU?  Do post your comments .

No comments:

Post a Comment