Sunday 3 March 2013

Determinants of Length of Sales letter


In my previous blog posting I showed you examples of Short and Long Sales letter . In order to determine  what really works in the market and what readers prefer , I read many blogs and articles. There are some who vote in favour of long and some in favour of short. While I was searching, I came across a great blog . I would like to share few points that were discussed in it.

Different ways to determine how long the sales letter needs to be :


1.      What is your reputation with the prospects? Are they from a trusted list? In many cases, the more a person trusts you. For example, Apple can sell a product with two words: New Product
2.      How complicated is your product? If you have something like software or a new service, it may need more explanation than other products. Think customer education. Thus, more copy
3.      What is your price point? If this is a higher ticket item, you’re going to have better success with things like rapport building emails.  If it’s a smaller item, you can likely get away with making sales to cold traffic on a sales page.
4.      Scope out the competition! What are they doing?  Go ahead and sign up for their newsletters and take a look at their sales pages.  Get a feel for what seems to be working

What I personally feel is that if the content is boring and not very informative the reader will just throw it in garbage  irrespective of being short or long .What do you think ?I am sure after reading this some more points are coming in your minds. Please do drop in your comments and do share your views about my blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment