Sunday 3 March 2013

Ethical or Legal Sales letter?


In my previous blogs, I have discussed about different aspects of Sales letter.  I have discussed in some blogs that the sales letter should be legally correct and should be free of Puffery and other elements which make it illegal. The fact that something is legal doesn't make it ethical. So what is important? An unethical but legally correct sales letter or an ethical sales letter which is legal.




 According to me, Ethics should be given a higher weightage. Life should not be solely about "me, myself, and I." To be fully human and be a part of civilized society means to go beyond what the law demands of us. It means to live according to ethical rules and principles, many of which ask more of us than the law does. Similarly, to earn higher profits and increase the sales, a company should not ignore the ethical part in the sales letter.

There is an article, I would definitely recommend you to read, before you decide if ethics are important in sales letter or not.
Click here to read the article.




In the short run unethical but legal sales letter might get you more sales, but in the long run it surely will prove very bad for the business.
I am sure you all agree with me. I would conclude that it is MUST for the sales letter to be LEGAL, but at the same time it should be ETHICAL also.
If my friends you have a different opinion on this, please post your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment